National Identity Fraud Prevention Week's website has came out with a list of suggestions on how to beat the ID fraudsters. Some of the suggestions are:
- Don't throw away bills, bank statements or anything that could reveal personal details.
- Shred all documents, whether at home or work, especially documents containing personal or financial information.
- Carefully read bank and credit card statements and query any unusual payments.
- Never give out personal details to people who contact you by telephone or email.
- Do not reply to emails asking you to confirm private information.
- Lock up personal documents at home.