Monday, February 05, 2007

Phishing......How to pronounce this?

Hey, I found this new word in the newspaper and I wonder what does it mean. (Star In.Tech, 24th May 2005, page 3 - Phishers targeting local Internet banking users)

Personally, I did received such e-mail just a few days ago and after reading it, I sent it to my e-mail's trash can.

DEFINITION: Phishing is a technique used to gain personal information for purposes of identity theft, using fraudulent e-mail messages that appear to come from legitimate businesses. These authentic-looking messages are designed to fool recipients into divulging personal data such as account numbers and passwords, credit card numbers and Social Security numbers.

For more information on phishing, click the following links: ComputerWorld and Webopedia

Click on the following link: Spyware, phishing masih terkawal

No comments: