Among the past other high profile acquisitions are: (in USD)
- 1997 - WebTV Network ($425 million) - Internet TV and online shopping.
- 1998 - Hotmail ($400 million) - web-based email
- 1999 - Visio ($1.3 billion) - diagramming software
- 2001 - Great Plains ($1.1 billion) - accounting software maker [accounting, payroll and online transactions]
- 2002 - Navision ($1.33 billion) - HR, accounting and customer relationship software
- 2007 - Tellme ($800 million) - speech recognition maker
- 2007 - Aquantive ($6 billion) - Internet advertising firm
- 2008 - Fast ($1.2 billion) - enterprise search market
What is the next acquisition? Yahoo! has rejected the super megadeal bid by Microsoft. Do you think it will bid for Google?