Among the new guidelines are:
- Have to close by midnight daily.
- Banned from using tinted glasses in their premises. (must be able to see through from the outside)
- Only allowed to operate from the ground floor.
- Those under 12 years old must be accompanied by parents or guardian and only allowed to stay up to 10.00pm.
- Prohibited from providing gaming activities, gambling, pornography, music and publications with negative element.
- Cigarettes and alcohol to be prohibited from being sold.
- A book log to record the entry and departure time of the patrons.
According to the Housing and Local Government Deputy Minister, these moves are aim to prevent the Internet and cyber cafes from turning into the possible source of social ills.
I just wonder how the cyber cafes are going to survive in the business.