- You are not in control of your money.
- You have begun charging essentials like food and daily expenses to your credit cards.
- You make only minimum payments on your credit card accounts each month.
- You are at the limit of your credit cards.
- You have too many credit cards.
- You are unsure how much you owe creditors.
- You are living on paycheck to paycheck.
- You are taking cash advances from your credit card to meet your expenses.
- You start to receive calls from banks.
- You are being served with legal notice.
Then, you should start getting advise with your finances as all these are signs of getting into the credit card debts.
Each year, more than 1,000 cardholders in Malaysia has been declared bankrupt for failing to pay their credit card debts. Thus, to prevent from being saddled with the credit cards debt, cardholders need to use the credit card wisely.
Bank Negara Malaysia (National Bank of Malaysia) has establish the Credit Counseling and Debt Management Agency (Agensi Kaunselling dan Pengurusan Kredit) to provide counseling and advice on financial management, debts management programs and financial education for free of charge.