The top four nations are
Malaysian e-government successful applications:
- Government’s drive for e-government services
- Electronic Labour Exchange (www.elx.gov.my) has matched 75,000 potential employees with employers since 2005.
- SMS alert on e-government services
- Online renewal of driving licenses
- Electronic filing of income tax forms
- Voter information
- Details for government tenders
- Employment opportunities
Problems faced in e-government implementation:
- Lacks of public awareness – 60% of the public are not aware of the services offered. Solution: Increase awareness through TV advertisements and organizing workshops at shopping malls.
- Online Behaviour - Malaysians remain sceptical on being distrust on electronic transaction especially on banking online and buying from an Internet store.
- Language barrier – Most of the government websites had in the past been in Bahasa
. However, there are English versions now. Malaysia