5 Cyber Cities were set-up at the 1st phase of the MSC namely:
- Technology Park Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur City Center (KLCC)
- Kuala Lumpur Tower
2nd phase: (2 Cyber Cities and 3 Cyber Centers)
- Penang Cybercity One (Bayan Lepas Free Trade Zone)
- Kulim Hi-Tech park
- KL Sentral (Cyber center)
- Malacca International Trade Center (Cyber Center)
- Menara MSC Cyberport (Johor)
Latest Cyber Center: Meru Raya MSC Malaysia Cybercenter (Ipoh Padang, Perak)
PM hope that through these launching, the digital divide among the Malaysian will be reduced.
Meanwhile, in Penang, Penang Chief Minister Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon announced that The Penang-Kulim Broadband Pilot Project is under planning now with more than 100 free hot spots being set-up. The project aimed at achieving 90% of broadband coverage in the state of Penang and Kulim by 2010.