- IT spending will grow 2%. (from 10% to 12%)
- Hardware will grow 2%. (from 8% to 10%)
- Packaged software will also grow 2%. (from 9% to 11%)
- Next generation network services and convergence between landline and mobile will evolving the telecommunication markets.
- Digitalisation of TV boardcasting services.
- Software vendors will focus on SME customers.
- Demand for notebook will grow about 14%.
- WIMAX wireless broadband adoption will be swift.
- Home users and businesses will focus on digital cameras and high-speed scanners.
Friday, February 16, 2007
IDC Prediction for Malaysian IT Market 2007
IDC has a few predictions in their crystal ball for us this year: (TheStar InTech, 16 January 2007, IT22)